Sunday 3 May 2009

Bank Holiday Weekend

Jennifer Read is the 3rd year I’m working with every Thursday until the end of May. I think we were put together as we both came to Leeds from Exeter and I think she may have been in my life drawing class. Anyway, I absolutely love working with the 3rd years, I imagine it’s a bit like being a studio assistant. On Thursday I had to go and find 5 pairs of white denim trousers and then unpick them, I felt like I was really slow it took me nearly 2 and half hours!!! It’s all good practice though and I really enjoyed it.
On Friday (our private study day) I went to London with Ella and visited the design museum to see Hussein Chalayan’s exhibition, he’s one of my favourite designers so it seemed only right to go! I thought it was amazing it was quite small but I suppose that’s because there was a lot to take in. I’ll upload some photographs once I’ve found my camera!!
So it’s been quite an eventful weekend so far and I’ve also been working on the metamorphosis project and now I feel I’ve got my head round it. Everything seems a bit clearer!
The rest of this bank holiday will be spent doing more samples and designs for metamorphosis...well that's the plan anyway!

No comments: