Monday 10 May 2010

The Future

After editing my porfolio I start to realise that my strong points are research and moodboards, which I both really enjoy. I've found a real love for CAD as well, which I never thought would happen! I also realise that my weak points are design and making, I want to be good at these things-I think I need to find time to practice, maybe over summer etc. And my placement should help with this as it is design based.
I started looking into what sort of jobs I might like to do once I complete my degree. I'm thinking more PR based stuff at the moment, but this is probably due to my current weaknesses. I would definitely love to do an internship for a PR agency and I wouldn't mind doing some work experience with a stylist, I think it would be really fun and a good opportunity to meet new and talented people.
Once I finish uni I want to do 6 months - a year placement at Urban Outfitters head office, I've already applied and they seemed really keen but stressed it was a long work placement and so I wasn't able to do it while at uni. I think it would be really interesting as I already work for them I have knowledge of the company. Would be good to see how head office works.
It's so difficult to know what you want to do in the future, I think I just need to do as many different internships as I can! There are so many opportunities out there once you start looking.

No comments: