Saturday 24 July 2010

Internship

So my time with Olga has continued to be just as productive. I am now tracing patterns to be sent to the factory where her leather jackets will be made. Olga has decided to get them made in London and is currently in Barcelona looking at places to sell her jackets. Its all quite exciting! I have to arrange some meetings with various zip companies for next week, so that we can get all the materials we need before we send the patterns to the factory. I only have a week left on my placement and although at times its been difficult, I feel I've learnt from the experience. I think on my next placement I would like to work within PR or buying to see what that sector of fashion is like.
I'm still reading for my dissertation and have ordered some pattern paper so I can practice pattern making before I go into the dreaded 3rd year!!! I feellike I have so much to do before September and not a lot of time left to do it!!

No comments: