Wednesday 20 October 2010

PART 2

My briefcase got into the exhibition, which I'm chuffed about. I went done to the Light today to see everyone’s work and it all looks so good. I thought that even the people that that didn't get chosen had worked really hard and should be proud of what they've achieved. I was so shocked at the amount of people that were voting, I didn't think it would attract that much attention. I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the layout, as you can't really see my pathways products. I think the products should have been placed forward and the garments behind that way its all very visible. While I was there Ella was manning the exhibition and she said a lot of people even didn’t notice the products or thought they were props and didn’t realise our college had made them. This upset me a bit because I know the people on my pathway put so much work into it, and it seems that its not being recognised. I’m manning the exhibition on Friday and I’m going to make sure people are aware that our pathway exists!
Anyway, moving on we got re-briefed on part 2 of ERP on Tuesday and it is a lot clearly now. I’m actually quite looking forward to it. I feel like I’ve learnt from the mistakes I made in part 1 and now know to spend more time on the branding and promotion side instead of letting my product take over. So, I’m going to get my branding done first and then do my designing and prototype as I think I will be able to come up with that a lot quicker than my branding as it something that comes more naturally to me. I’ve already made a start on it today. I’ve been photographing and interviewing and it all seems to be going well so far….lets hope it carries on this way.
As for my dissertation, I’ve been trying to divide my time up equally and I tend to do my dissertation stuff in the evening. I have to write my first chapter ready for 3rd Nov! EEEK! I think I just need to make a start really and the rest will follow.
Overall, I’m feeling alright about things…..at the moment, but I know what I’m like it could all change very quickly!

No comments: