Tuesday 12 October 2010

Struggle...

I am finding the transition from 2nd year to 3rd year a real struggle. My time management is not great and I feel constantly stressed and upset, and if I'm honest I'm not enjoying the course anymore. I feel like there is so much to do and just no time to do it in. I'm already constantly working and its still not enough. I feel like quitting, but I know I'm too close to the finish line to do that.
I feel like I'm going to the leave the course knowing nothing about construction and its getting me down....
On a more positive note, I finished my briefcase and I'm really happy with it because its the first thing that I've professionally finished and been proud of.
Also Crystal and I have decided get some do some pattern making/construction and have some pattern sessions every Thursday, and hopefully we'll make something for Style Platform in January! I need to do it, there's no point me moaning about something that only I can solve...fingers-crossed it will all run smoothly (although nothing seems to ever run smooth in the life of Dawn Shindler.
I've been thinking a lot about the future lately and I want to do a internship in Fashion Buying or PR and I was hoping to do on with Urban Outfitters headoffice as I already work there, but I was recently informed they have stopped taking on interns...so that dreams shattered. And I think this has all added to my stress, I had it all planned out and now I have to re-evaluate my plans.
I apologise for the disjointed post I just had to get everything in my head out, it was driving me insane!

P.s Here is my briefcase....enjoy


1 comment:

Laura Stubbs said...

amaaaaaaaaaaaziiiinnnn babes.
like totally fashhiiooonaaaaaaable.


on a serious note. dont leave me cos il leave. together forever.
Schindles n Stubbs