Friday 5 December 2008

Too much work, Not enough play

Luckily today the ice had melted and I was able to walk to college with joy instead of walking like an O.A.P, and I manage to complete my dress! Hallelujah! I think the most difficult part was putting the facing in around the arm holes but although it took me about 5 attempts I still really enjoyed it. I feel like it was a lot less difficult then I had expected and I enjoyed it more than I would, in fact so much more that I’m remaking it at Christmas as a little surprise for my little sister. I’ve learnt so much from these pattern sessions and I think when I do remake it I’m going to add more fullness and make the skirt slightly longer. I’m quite looking forward to showing off to the family that I can whip up a dress within minutes......well, not minutes, not yet anyway! I think they will be quite impressed with what I’ve already achieved – and it has only been a few months. My mum was really pleased with my grade for my first project, but today I queried why I had been marked down for “apparently” not using my bag and I found out that it was a mistake and had been accidentally overlooked. So I’m being remarked which I’m really pleased about, I’m glad I queried it because I wasn’t sure whether too but I suppose that just shows if ever you’re unsure of something then just ask!
Well tomorrow I have a early start at work but I finish at half 2 and then I’m off to do some of my top secret photo taking. Ideally I would like to have my trend boards completely before I go back so I need to collect as much information as I can. I’m also going to start getting some books out that relate to my 4 trends so I can include them in my boards. So I need to take some more photographs, photograph some related textures and find some books that relate to my trends. Hopefully I can get all this done by the middle of next week and if not it will be well and truly started.
A lot to be getting on with for now then, oh and I need to make sure my technical file is correct and up to date. Too much work and not enough play I say!

1 comment:

Rosso said...

where do i know u from?