Friday 12 December 2008

Pure Brilliance

I got my grade back, it only went up by 1% but it’s better than nothing and I’m still really pleased with it! I also handed in my other project today, so that’s a big weight off my shoulders. Two projects already completed…its nuts!
So now I can concentrate on my trend boards/shop report over Christmas, oh and not forgetting the graduate fashion week project!
I went on a bit of a mission around Leeds city centre in search of any brochures or leaflets high end shops had to help me with my project, and I have to say I was surprised at how nice and helpful the shop assistants were! The guy in Flannels even told us to have a “good look around” and then came chasing after us as we were leaving to give us another booklet and gave us a lovely, “Good Luck” as we departed the store. I think I fell in love with him at that moment! So all in all I managed to get information on Vivienne Westwood, Harvey Nichols, Nicole Farhi and of course Flannels. I’ve really started to notice the difference between high end stores compared to normal high street stores, the lay out, the lighting, the staff etc. It’s all so different.
Oh and I’ve made a start on my accessory for River Island, I’ve decided to create a neck piece out of marbles and my scarves…its still a working progress but its coming along nicely.
Although it was our last official day today I’m going to pop into college on Monday so I can get some more information on my trends before I go back home.
I do love it when things run smoothly…and I woke up this morning feeling like it was going to be a terrible day-stressed, rushed and just generally annoyed, but after my successful mission I feel quite the opposite!*sighs*

No comments: