Friday 26 September 2008

Thinking of the future

Today out of curiosity I decided to browse the internet at various jobs in the Fashion industry and was quite surprised at the amount of different jobs that even existed, and if I’m honest I don’t even know what some of them even are! I have thought for a while now that I don't really want to become a designer but I want to go into journalism or styling. I’ve always loved to dress people up and I think I’d really love a career like that. I’m not definitely sure yet but once I’ve looked into it more and by the end of my course I’ll know.
I also learnt how to use an industrial machine today and it wasn’t as difficult as I thought it might be, it just goes a lot faster than a domestic one and so is harder to control, and when I say harder to control I mean before I knew it I had a drunken line right the way across my page in about a sec. Practice makes perfect though!
We also talked through our new brief today I found it all quite a lot to take in but I’m sure it will become clearer once we start it properly and I’ve read through it a few more times!!! I’m very excited about this brief as we’ve been asked to find an image of a garment we would like to make and apparently we’ll be making it! Seems a little impossible right now, as I haven’t done that much pattern work before but I really want to understand it so I’m at ease with it.
I’ve started to make more of my own notes in class as well to help get my head around things and found that it really does help. So I think in the future it will just become second nature to me.
I’m quite nervous about starting a proper project as I feel I don’t have enough skills and I know everyone’s from different courses and we’ll all pick them up but it’s still a little nerve racking!
I just need to stay focused and put my all into this course because I really want to do well and succeed! I know I can do it and I want prove the people that think I can’t wrong and show them you can be successful in the fashion design industry! You can do anything if you put your mind to it and believe in yourself!

No comments: