Monday 29 September 2008

Fashion Love

I kept to my word and managed to go out on a hunt for a job and it all looks quite promising. So, I suppose this shows that being organised and logical can work sometimes and that maybe I should plan my time more often, in class and at home.
I also had my first critical studies lesson and I actually found it all really interesting I love learning new ways of learning and about new concepts. We’ve already been sent a piece of writing to do - 500 words on two fashion images - due in on Friday! Not very long to do it in but I like to be pushed to my limits and challenged, which is part of the reason why I chose this course. I felt it would push me to those limits and make me work harder than before. I know that working, and even learning in the design industry is hard, but I really want to succeed. I found my Pre-Degree Foundation course quite stressful and it taught me a lot about time control and not to leave things to the last minute, so that is one trap I am definitely not going to fall into. I want to get the most out of this course and that means me taking responsibility for my own action and the way in which I learn.
Oh and I finally managed to find an image of a dress that I would like to make for the Fashion Realisation project, I’m really excited about starting pattern making, as I feel I have so much to learn.
I’m looking forward to finding out about our brief on Creative Approaches to Fashion Design and to find out what my tutor thought about my summer project. I want as much feedback from my tutor and my class mates as possible as I believe it’s really good to listen to different opinions on projects and to see how people use varied techniques and have different understandings of the same project. I suppose that’s what makes creative subjects so interesting because there’s no right answer and everyone always has a unique view point and way of thinking. This is why Fashion Design will never bore me!

No comments: