Thursday 2 October 2008

Confronting my fears

So we received our brief for “Creative approaches to Fashion Design”, this project sounds really exciting and I can’t wait to get stuck in. It’s a lot to take in but once I get rolling I’m sure I’ll be fine.
We also got split into different groups, which I felt was really good as no one seemed to be integrating and so this gave everyone a chance to get to know each other and actually find out who else was in the class! In these groups we presented our summer projects and we were able to give feedback and get other peoples thoughts and feelings on the projects. It was really interesting to see how differently everyone worked and how people interpreted the different phrases in such diverse ways.
For this project we have to continue researching into our chosen phrase and designer and just collect as much research as possible that relates to this.
We had our first drawing class yesterday and I have to say, drawing and I have always had a bad relationship. I got a good grade at G.C.S.E for Art and Design but after that I hardly ever drew and I think this is why I am so poor at drawing. I really struggled in the drawing class and felt like I did really badly, and when I looked at other peoples’ brilliant work and how good they are, it just made me feel worse. I know I’m going to have to get past this “phobia” of mine and it will take time for me to become confident with drawing but I feel like it will always been one of my weak points.
I’ve decided to try and do a little bit of drawing each day to work on this and build up my confidence. So hopefully this will help me in the future.

No comments: