Tuesday 14 October 2008

Stay Positive - Be Happy

I really feel like I’m starting to get to grips with the course now, and I know I have days where I feel like I can’t do a thing right but so far this week things have been looking up! I finally feel positive about the future and I feel like everything’s going really well at the moment.
My crit lesson on Monday ran smoothly and I really enjoy learning about the more academic side of the Fashion world. I like to know as much as possible about my discipline and I’d like to find out a little about others as well, such as Photography and Art. I already know a bit about these subjects as I’ve studied them in the past but I think it’s a good idea to have a general knowledge of things outside your discipline too.
Our Creative approaches to Fashion design lesson was really interesting, we used fabric manipulation in order to create links to our phrase and chosen artist and then photographed our results. We also got feedback from our classmates about our final garment ideas, observational drawings and photographs. This was very helpful as we were able to see how others work and also to get peoples opinion on how to better our own work.

Above: fabric manipulation (layers and tears)

Hopefully this positive thinking will continue through the week and stay for a lot longer!

No comments: