Tuesday 25 November 2008

Christmas Project

I handed my first project in last week and it felt brilliant! I decided to go for the image on the ground as my final, although it seems like quite an obvious choice for “it fell from the sky” I couldn’t see anyone else that had done something like it.
Since handed in our project last week we have been given a new brief to work on now and over the Christmas period and it looks really exciting and like something I’ve never done before! It’s purely a design project, involving the industry, trend prediction and market awareness. Firstly we have to collect information about the trends for autumn/winter which are currently being sold in the high street. We have to look at the seven different market levels, luxury, designer, designer diffusion etc. So, tomorrow morning I shall be exploring these different market levels with my camera in one hand and a note pad in the other! Then once we have all this information we need we are going to create some trend boards for those trends and also write up a shop report….scary stuff eh?! Little bit nervous and excited all at the same time!
Oh and I managed to get myself a job in New Look, which I thought would be helpful for the course as well.
And we have already been given our previous project back and should have our feedback in about a weeks time!!

No comments: